IMPORTANT MESSSAGE: Please note that events listed on our calendar are either presented in English or French.
MESSAGE IMPORTANT: Veuillez noter que les évènements cités sur notre calendrier sont présentés en anglais ou en français.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to FeatureCAM Surface Milling – II Part Series
June 1 @ 2:30 pm - June 5 @ 3:30 pm
Mon, Jun 1, 2020 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Fri, Jun 5, 2020 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Join the SolidCAD team for a two-part Introduction series to FeatureCAM for Surface Milling, hosted by our Technical Specialist, Christopher Marion from SolidCAD. In this first session, we will look at:
1. Different types of roughing techniques when dealing will 3 dimensional parts.
2. Using step cutting.
3. Keeping the toolpath out of area’s so not to damage the cutting tool.
4. How stock models can be beneficial for managing better toolpath control for re-roughing.
In this second session, we will look at:
1. Simple to use finishing strategies.
2. Which strategies to choose in certain situations.
3. A look into Steep and Shallow and why it is so valuable.
4. How to turn on automatic collision avoidance for your 5-axis mill.
5. What some of the common tool axis definitions.