REVIT ARCHITECTURE INTRODUCTION
This training guide is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit Architecture functionality as you would work with it throughout the design process. You begin by learning about the user interface and basic drawing, editing and viewing tools. Then you learn design development tools including how to model walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, stairs and more.
After completing this course, users will have a well-rounded knowledge of Revit Architecture, enabling them to complete a 3D BIM model and its corresponding construction documentation.
*CanBIM Certified Course
- Understand the unique design process and concepts related to Revit and its application in BIM
- Use of the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface
- Working with basic drawing and editing tools
- Create levels and grids as datum elements for the model
- Understand best practices for CAD Management within Revit projects
- Create a 3D building model with walls, windows and doors
- Adding floors, ceilings and roofs to the building model
- Create component-based stairs and railings
- Add component features, such as furniture and equipment
- See how schedules and tags enhance workflow
- Apply dimensions and annotate drawings to a professional standard
- Create a basic set of construction documents including plans, elevations and sections from the 3D model
- Introduction to Worksets
Duration: 3 Days
Prerequisite: An understanding of architectural design & drafting or building industry experience. User must be comfortable with using MS Windows.
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
OAA Credits: 21 Hours