Join our Dynamic, Growing Company!
In response to the demand from our growing client base, SolidCAD is looking to fill an immediate need within our development team for a full-time software developer.
In this role, you will be required to develop applications and/or plugins based around a variety of different Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages, supporting business systems and Autodesk cloud technologies. The purpose of the automation is to enable our clients to be more efficient in their design processes. While most of the software development will be custom to a specific workflow requirement, we will also develop “value-add” automation tools which will appeal to a wide-range of companies. Developers may also be required to develop applications for our own internal use. The developer should be comfortable to perform all aspects of software development including customer discoveries, proposal and specification documentation, programming and support.
Examples of customized solutions would consist of;
- automate repetitive operations within a CAD product such as AutoCAD.
- customized model and/or drawing generation routines.
- develop customized export routines for the purposes of reporting or data exchange.
- facilitate exchange of data between CAD and another business system.
- publishing applications to the Autodesk App Store.
- using the Autodesk Forge platform to integrate cloud-based CAD data with other data endpoints.
- Have proficiency with Microsoft technologies including the .NET Framework, C#, SQL Server and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Be eager to learn new products and technologies as necessary to support the development efforts.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written.
Although not a requirement, experience with CAD software or technologies, especially Autodesk-related, is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you.
The software developer will be permitted to work remotely from their home office however, must be legally entitled to work in Canada. On rare occasion, it may be necessary to travel to a customer site or SolidCAD office.