Non-Newtonian & Slurry Flow
FluidFlow is used to determine pressure losses and design flow distribution systems transporting settling slurries, non-Newtonian fluids and Pulp & Paper Stock.
The software helps you characterize your slurry or non-Newtonian fluid and design your system. Diagnostics help you identify potential pipe blockage and size pipework and pumps effectively and accurately.
FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Automatically size pipes, pumps, control valves, relief devices (ISO & API), orifice plates and nozzles.
- Predict particle deposition velocities.
- Prevent likelihood of pipe blockage.
- Evaluate vendor pump performance identifying energy saving opportunities.
- Study plant performance & determine slurry physical properties throughout entire system.
- Identify cause of operational issues with existing plant and evaluate solutions.
- Develop EGL/HGL graph plots to help evaluate performance of pumps installed in series in long distance distribution lines
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of fluids, pumps and equipment. You can also add your own data. •
- Solids derating.
- Pump power usage.
- Simulate variable speed pumps.
- Evaluate impeller trimming.
- Determine solids delivered in settling slurry systems.