Dynamic Analysis & Scripting
Perform time-based or what-if analysis.
Scripting offers the ability to develop real-time analysis of plant and systems from within the FluidFlow interface. The powerful dynamic simulation capabilities ensure you develop a thorough understanding of how your system operates in real-world scenarios. Engineers are able to set scenarios via Pascal or Basic in a similar way to how a macro works in Excel. Scripting removes the guesswork from your what-if analysis.
FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Study how any flow system behaves at start up/shut down as operating conditions change.
- Evaluate variable speed pump control.
- Investigate tank fill/drain times.
- Develop system control philosophies.
- Consider plant depressurisation.
- Establish control valve performance for different system control philosophies.
- Review plant pressure conditions as demand profiles vary.
- Optimize system operating performance.
- Analyze system pressure conditions arising from component failure.
- Read-in design operating conditions from Excel and integrate with FluidFlow.
- Export table of calculated results to Excel for wide range of design conditions.
- Plot graphs within FluidFlow and Excel.
- Optimization of system performance through automation of pumps/fans.
- Estimate system pipe volumes.
- Determine pipes operating above/below a desired flow velocity.