Thermal Energy Transfer
Engineers can study heat transfer effects at heat exchangers, pipes and fittings.
Heating and cooling of fluids is fundamental to any process plant, particularly in Chemical + Petrochemical industries. Full evaluation of heat transfer for energy recovery or energy efficiency is a critical task that can be performed easily within FluidFlow. A comprehensive database of insulation materials means engineers can optimize energy usage by including conduction, radiation, and convection losses.
Engineers can choose from a range of heat transfer options:
- Buried pipe calculations.
- Pipe heat loss/gain calculation.
- Fixed heat transfer rate.
- Fixed temperature change.
- Ignore heat loss/gain.
- Outside Surface temperature calculated.
- Heat energy transfer calculated.
- Overall heat transfer coefficient calculated.
- Fluid temperature changes calculated.
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of thermal conductivity values for pipe materials, coatings, insulation and soil types. You can also add new data.
- Track changes in fluid phase state arising from heat transfer.
- Buried pipe heat transfer.