Technical Consultant – Manufacturing
Join our Dynamic, Growing Company!
In response to the demand from our growing client base, SolidCAD is looking to fill an immediate position within our team of technical specialists to support the portfolio of Autodesk software we provide to the manufacturing industry in Alberta and Western Canada.
- In this position, the candidate will continually develop expertise in Autodesk Inventor, Vault, Fusion, AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- The candidate will work alongside our sales team to provide pre-sale business process assessments (BPA’s), discoveries, proof of concepts and technology demonstrations.
- Post-sale, the candidate will deliver fundamental to expert level software training, implementation, project-specific mentoring and support services and will assist clients in defining unique workflows, customizations and standards.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault Professional
- Working experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment utilizing Autodesk software
- Familiarity with an ERP system as well as an EDM or document management solution and its application in a manufacturing environment is highly beneficial.
- Familiar with engineering concepts, design lifecycles, version and revision concepts as well as mechanical drafting and design techniques.
- Ability to create and present proof-of-concepts as well as perform product demonstrations.
- Experience in delivering professional-level teaching or mentoring related to the use of design technology.
- Understand the fundamentals of deploying software, licensing and configuration concepts related to project setup, standards and templates for Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or other manufacturing design softwares.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide timely feedback and guidance to clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Willing to travel throughout Alberta, and periodically out of province.
Preferably Edmonton, possibly Calgary, Alberta. An estimated 50% of work will be performed on-site at clients in Alberta and Western Canada, with 50% of the time being spent working from the candidates home office or the local SolidCAD/Cansel office.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you.