April 3, 2019
Autodesk has release the latest iteration of their flagship drafting software, namely AutoCAD 2020. Click here to see Autodesk’s page detailing what’s new. Go to the Autodesk Account page to download the software of get it from the Desktop App.
Here are the features of note in this release:
- There is no DWG format change. Files back to 2018 are compatible with this release.
- New installation technology allows for an install time about half that of previous releases, when a Solid State Drive is in use.
- A new block palette exists containing all of the blocks within the current drawing. The INSERT command no longer displays the usual block insert dialog box, it now runs the BLOCKSPALETTE tool, displaying the new blocks palette. The new CLASSICINSERT command displays the old block insert dialog.
- The purge command now indicates the reason why some objects cannot be purged. This has been a request for many releases.
- Use the Quick measure tool to more efficiently measure objects.
- Access to drawings saved to online services such as Box and Dropbox has been streamlined.
Grimco acquires Cansel Company, COBALT Graphics Distribution
Dear Valued Customer, The Cansel Group of Companies is announcing today that Grimco, a national wholesale sign supply manufacturer and distributor with close to 60 locations throughout North America has acquired ...
Important Update Regarding Covid-19
Dear Valued Customer, SolidCAD has been tracking developments around the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the personal health of all our clients and employees is our primary concern. In light of this, ...
SolidCAD Ontario and Quebec Office Closures
To All SolidCAD Customers, The Canadian government recently announced that all non-essential workspaces must be closed in provinces Ontario and Québec. To comply with this, SolidCAD’s physical offices will ...