April 3, 2019
Autodesk has release the latest iteration of their flagship drafting software, namely AutoCAD 2020. Click here to see Autodesk’s page detailing what’s new. Go to the Autodesk Account page to download the software of get it from the Desktop App.
Here are the features of note in this release:
- There is no DWG format change. Files back to 2018 are compatible with this release.
- New installation technology allows for an install time about half that of previous releases, when a Solid State Drive is in use.
- A new block palette exists containing all of the blocks within the current drawing. The INSERT command no longer displays the usual block insert dialog box, it now runs the BLOCKSPALETTE tool, displaying the new blocks palette. The new CLASSICINSERT command displays the old block insert dialog.
- The purge command now indicates the reason why some objects cannot be purged. This has been a request for many releases.
- Use the Quick measure tool to more efficiently measure objects.
- Access to drawings saved to online services such as Box and Dropbox has been streamlined.