April 22, 2019
Civil 3D 2020
Autodesk has released the latest iteration of their Civil Engineering modeling software, namely Civil 3D 2020. Go to the Autodesk Account page to download the software or get it from the Desktop App.
Note, it was released on April 10th and it may not appear immediately in your Desktop App or even Autodesk Manage for a day or two.
Here are the features of note in this release:
- Of course, everything that is new for AutoCAD.
- The Civil object format has not changed. You can share files between users of Civil 3D 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- The Export Civil 3D drawing to AutoCAD tool has been overhauled and it should yield more predictable results.
- We now have the option to export feature lines as 2D or 3D objects.
- The survey database is now SQLite, different from SQL Compact like previous releases. Note, the default Working Folder has changed.
- Your existing survey databases can be converted to the new format after downloading the conversion tool and running the Migrate tool.
- Changes to the gravity network analysis tool and SSA.
- Dynamo is a workflow-based programming tool and it is available for 2020. It must be installed using the Desktop App or from Autodesk Account. After installation, the tool is available in the Manage Ribbon. When run, users have access to many resources such as tutorials, primers, and more.
- Connect to ArcGIS online .
Grimco acquires Cansel Company, COBALT Graphics Distribution
Dear Valued Customer, The Cansel Group of Companies is announcing today that Grimco, a national wholesale sign supply manufacturer and distributor with close to 60 locations throughout North America has acquired ...
Important Update Regarding Covid-19
Dear Valued Customer, SolidCAD has been tracking developments around the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the personal health of all our clients and employees is our primary concern. In light of this, ...
SolidCAD Ontario and Quebec Office Closures
To All SolidCAD Customers, The Canadian government recently announced that all non-essential workspaces must be closed in provinces Ontario and Québec. To comply with this, SolidCAD’s physical offices will ...