March 5, 2020
Frame Generator End Caps in Inventor 2020
In the 2020 release of Inventor, the Frame Generator Design Accelerator received a number of minor enhancements as well as one of significance that likely has users asking how they ever lived without it. You can now create and insert end caps to a frame member within Frame Generator.
First; you must have the Custom Content Center Library installed in order to use this feature. Learn how to do that here. Once you have frame members ready for end caps, follow these steps to quickly create and add the components:
(1) Select “Insert End Cap” on the Frame panel of the Design tab within your assembly;
(2) Select the end faces of the members you wish to apply end caps to.
(3) Choose the placement: Inset, or outward
(4) Choose the profile style: Filleted, Chamfered, or Sharp corners
(5) Enter the Chamfer/Fillet size (if applicable), Thickness, Inset (or Offset) distance & Rotation angle
(6) Select the desired part properties, then OK (or “+” to add additional end caps for different tube profiles without exiting the property panel)
(7) The end caps are created as members of the frame assembly and the file naming can be controlled in the same way (using “File Naming Defaults” in Application Options). Inventor recognizes identical members upon creation and reuses the end cap files where possible, rather than duplicating them.
End caps can be edited or reused like frame members, using the right click menu in the model browser (“Edit with Frame Generator”)
Autodesk Fusion 360 & Metallic Strip Animal Sculptures – Part 2
As promised in my last blog, here are some tips and tricks that I often use to convert mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion 360. Tip #1: Converting a mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion ...
The Digital Transformation Train is Leaving the Station, and We Should All Be on Board
2020 has taught me a number of things, including presumably how indoor cats feel, that March and June are the same thing if you don’t go outside, and that if Godzilla were to stumble onto the shores of Tokyo ...
Autodesk Fusion 360 & Metallic Strip Animal Sculptures – Part 1
Part 1 I love sculptures and can spend hours at museums that devoted to sculpture. I also love structural Engineering and structural sculptures. Running into Artist Sung Hoon Kang‘s stunning animal sculptures ...