Technical Consultant – Infrastructure/GIS
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Join our Dynamic, Growing Company!
SolidCAD’s Professional Services Department is currently seeking a new Technical Consultant with experience in the civil engineering and surveying industry. The position is based out of our Fredericton Office and under the responsibility of the Regional Director – Professional Services. As a Technical Consultant, you will contribute to the success of SolidCAD by assisting our customers to implement Autodesk and our other suppliers and partners solutions for the civil engineering sector, performing training sessions and supporting users. You will also participate in presale activities with the sales department.
To be successful in this function you must have extensive experience in civil engineering, surveying and strong technical skills in the use of Civil 3D and AutoCAD
Participates in managing opportunities in the field of civil engineering from initial opportunity to implementation, working in conjunction with internal and external sales.
- Needs analysis
- Preparation of implementation plans with recommendations
- Interfacing the proposed solutions with those used by our customers
- User training in our offices or in client facilities
- Onsite coaching to assist with change management at the beginning of the project
- Technical support
- Preparation and execution of corporate presentations (seminars/demonstrations)
- Creation of standards (drawing standards, modeling, nomenclatures, security/sharing etc.)
- Participation in different projects if necessary
- Any other related tasks
The Technical Consultant – Civil Engineering has a strong knowledge and a solid understanding of Autodesk’s offering for the civil engineering, as well as the surveying industry. We are looking for candidates who have executed or participated in mandates using Autodesk technologies, including AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD and Autodesk Recap.
The position of Technical Consultant – Civil Engineering requires the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Diploma or Certificate in civil engineering or relevant experience
- Relevant experience in municipal engineering, ideally in a engineering company
- In-depth knowledge of Civil 3D software
- Knowledge of CAD software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (client and server) and the Office suite
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Able to travel to Canada and occasionally to the United States
- Autonomous and able to manage priorities in a multitasking environment
Education, Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
The following qualifications will be considered important assets in the processing of applications:
- Experience in field surveying and office workflow
- Knowledge of Trimble equipment and software an asset
- Geomatics knowledge and related tools
- Bilingualism: French and English (written and spoken)
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you.