September 1, 2020
AutoCAD 2021.1 Update
Autodesk has released the first update for AutoCAD 2021. Find official documentation here. Here are some highlights:
- Blocks palette:
- There is a new Favorites tab.
- Block can be copied from other tabs to the new Favorites tab.
- Blocks synchronized in the cloud can become accessible across multiple devices.
- You can better manage your synchronization settings in the Blocks palette now.
- Insert a DWG into the current file without it being added to the Libraries tab.
- New variable and setting in Options: BLOCKSYNCFOLDER – Sets the path where the recent and favorite blocks are stored.
- In the AutoCAD web app, click Open in Desktop to open the drawing in AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT desktop. A plug-in must be installed.
Infraworks 2021.2 Update
Autodesk has released the next update for Civil 3D 2021. Find the release notes here. Here are some highlights: Add decorations to component roads imported from Civil 3D. Modify lane markings for component ...
Civil 3D 2021.2 Update
Autodesk has released the next update for Civil 3D 2021. Find the release notes here. Here are some highlights: New ArcGIS workflows: Refresh data sources. Import raster data as an image, or as surface data. ...
Civil 3D Pressure Pipes
Civil 3D 2021.1 introduced several new features including a new compass when creating a pipe run. This is excellent news, but depending on your modeling requirements, it can cause an issue if you leave in a ...