February 13, 2017
Common Tech Issue of the Week #2
Softlock Manager Error when starting AutoCAD
When starting AutoCAD with standalone license the following error appears and software does not start:
“The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed” (screen shot attached)
There may be several reasons for this error, but most likely it’s the FLEXnet Licensing Service which is stopped or disabled.
- Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools and double-click Services.
- Find “FLEXnet Licensing Service” and “FLEXnet Licensing Service 64” (depending on the system, only one of the two may exist).
- Right-click on “FLEXnet Licensing Service” and select “Properties”.
- Set Startup type to “Automatic”.
- Under Service status click “Start” button.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for “FLEXnet Licensing Service 64”.
- Start AutoCAD.