December 19, 2019
Curious about the hype around Autodesk’s HSM CAM?
Curious about the hype around Autodesk’s HSM CAM? And now you’re looking for more information and possibly a demonstration? Well, you’ve come to the right place! SolidCAD is not only Canada’s biggest reseller of Autodesk manufacturing solutions, but also the only Canadian Autodesk reseller with a dedicated team of CAM specialists.
HSM CAM is the comprehensive and powerful CNC programming add-on for Inventor (Inventor CAM – included with a subscription to the Product Design and Manufacturing Collection ), Fusion 360 (Fusion 360 Manufacturing – built into Fusion 360), and even SolidWorks (HSMWorks – included with a subscription to Fusion 360).
Please visit our HSM CAM page to read about all the advantages of this integrated CAD/CAM solution and to find lots of technical resources: https://www.solidcad.ca/partner-products/hsm-cam/
Also, try our SolidCAD universal milling post-processor, compatible with a wide variety of 3-axis, 4-axis, and 5-axis machines that accept FANUC-style G-code. This open-source post-processor generates nicely-formatted NC code, and is chock-full of features to make it as flexible as possible. These features include:
- Safe restart feature after M00 program stops
- Automatic date and time stamp function
- Tool table feature in header
- Operation name, tool name, and cycle time at top of each operation
- Activation of accumulated pecking depth feature for G73-style drilling
- Activation of the Manual NC code pass-through feature
- Property to toggle between 3-axis / 4-axis / 5-axis configurations
- Property to set maximal spindle speed
- Property to toggle tool preload on/off
- Property to toggle rigid tapping on/off
- Property to assign an M-code for rigid tapping
- Property to toggle between G54-G59 and G54.1 P1-P300 work offsets
- Property to toggle between G28 and G53 retracts
- Properties to set M-codes for 4th and 5th axis brake lock/unlock functions
- Property to toggle on/off the output of rotary axis positions at every operation
- Property to toggle on/off the output of M01 optional stops at tool changes
- Property to toggle on/off automatic spindle gear changes
- Property to set a spindle gear change crossover speed
- Property to toggle between French and English for the output of comments and messages
- Property to toggle on/off lowercase support for comments
- Property to set the rapid rate used for operation time calculations
- Property to toggle on/off the automatic creation of sub-programs for patterns
- Property to toggle between 4 digit and 8-digit program IDs
- Property to toggle on/off the output of the tool list in the program header
- Property to toggle between relative or absolute coordinates for IJKs
- Property to toggle between automatic tool changer or manual tool changes
- Property to toggle between M30 and M99 for program termination
- Property to toggle between returning to home or going to parking position at program end
- Properties to set X- and Y-coordinates for parking position
- Property to convert from feed expressed per min. to feed expressed per second
- Property to inverse Z direction convention
- Property to disable output of all coolant codes
This post processor is available here: https://www.solidcad.ca/solidcad-generic-post-processors-download/
Autodesk Inventor: Get A Different Perspective
In this modern age of software, it seems that there is a specific software or tool for just about anything, but our main asset for accomplishing our CAD work is still our eyes. The way we view things has a major ...
Autodesk Fusion 360 & Metallic Strip Animal Sculptures – Part 2
As promised in my last blog, here are some tips and tricks that I often use to convert mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion 360. Tip #1: Converting a mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion ...
The Digital Transformation Train is Leaving the Station, and We Should All Be on Board
2020 has taught me a number of things, including presumably how indoor cats feel, that March and June are the same thing if you don’t go outside, and that if Godzilla were to stumble onto the shores of Tokyo ...