December 23, 2020
Infraworks 2021.2 Update
Autodesk has released the next update for Civil 3D 2021. Find the release notes here. Here are some highlights:
- Add decorations to component roads imported from Civil 3D.
- Modify lane markings for component roads. No lane marking shadow issues.
- Various improvements to Civil Structures.
- A new Home screen including Recent and BIM 360 tabs.
- Select a coordinate system during model creation using the Model Builder.
- Add a point cloud in LAS or LAZ format without first saving an RCP file.
Civil 3D 2021.2 Update
Autodesk has released the next update for Civil 3D 2021. Find the release notes here. Here are some highlights: New ArcGIS workflows: Refresh data sources. Import raster data as an image, or as surface data. ...
Civil 3D Pressure Pipes
Civil 3D 2021.1 introduced several new features including a new compass when creating a pipe run. This is excellent news, but depending on your modeling requirements, it can cause an issue if you leave in a ...
Autodesk Fusion 360 & Metallic Strip Animal Sculptures – Part 2
As promised in my last blog, here are some tips and tricks that I often use to convert mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion 360. Tip #1: Converting a mesh body to a b-rep or t-spline body in Fusion ...