February 13, 2017
Common Tech Issue of the Week #2
Softlock Manager Error when starting AutoCAD
When starting AutoCAD with standalone license the following error appears and software does not start:
“The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed” (screen shot attached)
There may be several reasons for this error, but most likely it’s the FLEXnet Licensing Service which is stopped or disabled.
- Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools and double-click Services.
- Find “FLEXnet Licensing Service” and “FLEXnet Licensing Service 64” (depending on the system, only one of the two may exist).
- Right-click on “FLEXnet Licensing Service” and select “Properties”.
- Set Startup type to “Automatic”.
- Under Service status click “Start” button.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for “FLEXnet Licensing Service 64”.
- Start AutoCAD.
Autodesk Desktop Connector and Sheet Sets
An update to the Desktop Connector as made available on August 11, 2020. Here is the relevant Autodesk document. If you’re a Sheet Set user who also uses BIM 360, this update is for you. In addition to ...
AutoCAD 2021.1 Update
Autodesk has released the first update for AutoCAD 2021. Find official documentation here. Here are some highlights: Blocks palette: There is a new Favorites tab. Block can be copied from other tabs to the ...
AutoCAD and Bluebeam
Many users create PDF files from AutoCAD products as PDF seems to be the standard digital format. There are three issues you may run into and some settings to consider if you use Bluebeam Revu as well as AutoCAD. ...