February 23, 2017
Common Tech Issue of the Week #3
Restoring Toolbars in New Versions of AutoCAD
Although the new type of interface with Ribbons was introduced in AutoCAD 2009 to replace traditional Toolbars, there is still a large number of users who prefer Toolbars. Until and including AutoCAD 2014 it was very easy to restore them. All you had to do was to select AutoCAD Classic as the current workspace as seen in figure.
Things got more complicated starting with AutoCAD 2015. AutoCAD Classic workspace is no longer available, but luckily for those who prefer Toolbars, they are still included.
One option is to transfer the AutoCAD Classic workspace from older customization file (ACAD.CUIX) to your current version of AutoCAD:
- In your new version of AutoCAD type CUIIMPORT command and press Enter. The “Customize User Interface” dialogue box will be displayed with “Transfer” tab as current. The right half of the dialogue box will display the contents of the current version ACAD.CUIX file.
- On the left half of the dialogue box, click the “Open customization file” button and select your older version ACAD.CUIX file with “AutoCAD Classic” workspace.
- Using your mouse, drag and drop “AutoCAD Classic” workspace from the older-version ACAD.CUIX file on the left to the current version on the right.
4. Click OK to close the dialogue box
5. Set “AutoCAD Classic” workspace as current.
Autodesk Desktop Connector and Sheet Sets
An update to the Desktop Connector as made available on August 11, 2020. Here is the relevant Autodesk document. If you’re a Sheet Set user who also uses BIM 360, this update is for you. In addition to ...
AutoCAD 2021.1 Update
Autodesk has released the first update for AutoCAD 2021. Find official documentation here. Here are some highlights: Blocks palette: There is a new Favorites tab. Block can be copied from other tabs to the ...
AutoCAD and Bluebeam
Many users create PDF files from AutoCAD products as PDF seems to be the standard digital format. There are three issues you may run into and some settings to consider if you use Bluebeam Revu as well as AutoCAD. ...